Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Can't Stop Thinking About You (Napkin Fold Card)

ETA: My Napkin Fold card was choosen Top 3 by Simply Magnolia DT. Thanks Ladies!

Hello my dear friends,
This is my very first Napkin Fold Card and I wanted to share it with you. I learned how to make it with a great tutorial over at Stamp ARTic. This time I used my Bon Voyage Tilda. She looks so beautiful sitting there, just thinking about "you". This is one of those stamps that you can use any time and for any occasion. Love it!


This Napkin Fold card is basically composed of two parts: The body of the card and the band that wraps around it and keeps the card closed. 


To decorate the band, I cut (2) 3 1/4" in. circles (basic and shadow mode) with my cricut and a scallop to match. I embossed the circle for some texture using my favorite Cuttlebug embossing folder: Swiss Dots. Then I added some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and a white crochet flower my friend Lulu made for me. I finished it with a couple of swirls cut with my cricut and some butterflies made with Martha Stewart's Classic Butterfly punch.



To  make the body of the Napkin Fold card I used a 12" x 12" kraft cardstock, decorating  the edges with Martha Stewart's around the page punch: Cherished. This is how the card looks as you start to open it.



And here it is, fully opened! to expose all folds decorated with paper from My Mind's Eye, Lost and Found collection and Bo Bunny, Gabrielle's collection.


The sentiment was heat embossed on the gorgeous Magnolia Doohickey: Dream Tag. Unfortunately you can't really see the embossing on this picture :(


The butterfly on the right corner of the card, was made using Martha Stewart's Monarch Butterfly punch. I then decorated it with Crystal Stickels, a little rose and two pins to mimic the antennas. I love the way it came out!



Finally, I would like to share the Copic markers I used to color Bon Voyage Tilda this time: Skin: E11, E00, E000 and R20. Hair: E37, E33, E51 and E50. Overalls: BG18, BG15, BG 11 and BG0000. Blouse and Socks: C5, C3 and C1.


Today I am entering the following challenges:

Just Magnolia and Hanglar & Stanglar: Bingo (Pins, Flowers, Embossing)
Simply Magnolia: Love Is In The Air.

 Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Paola


6 comments:

  1. Stunning work Paola, this is my favourite shaped card at the moment and I love how you've decorated it with such special details!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI sweetie this is stunning, i love this image and the colours are just gorgeous, thanks for joining us at JM/HS this week hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card Paola, this shaped card is still on my to-do-list.I just love how you've decorated it.
    Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia.

    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely superb. Just love the fact that you've chosen something completely different. I'm viewing my first napkin card. Gorgeous layout and embellishments. Well done and thanks for joining in the fun at Simply Magnolia this week. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh! This is fantastic! Your coloring rocks!!!Love the fold too! Great work!
    Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow stunning card love the design and gorgeous papers and colours thank you so much or joining us at simply magnolia this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete