Friday, June 1, 2012

Guest Designer for ABC Challenge

 Edited To Add: My Card and Bookmark Set won Top 3 at Wild Orchid Challenge!

Hello everyone! I'm so happy to be the GDT for ABC challenge this month. The theme is Q for Quilt, how fun is that! I really enjoyed creating a paper quilt background for my card and bookmark set. And I finally got to color one of my favorite Saturated Canary images, Hipster.


❤❤❤


❤❤❤



To create my paper quilt background, I cut 16 squares of My Mind's Eye pattern papers and glue them together on a base cardstock. Then, to give them texture and a "fabric look", I used my Argyle embossing folder from Cuttlebug. Finally, I stitched across all  joints and around the whole background. Love it! It really looks like a quilt! (unfortunately, it's hard to see it from the pictures).


 ❤❤❤



I also made a tag for my card with Magnolia's Bloomy Tag Doohickey die and decorated it with a custom made vintage postal stamp.


❤❤❤



The gorgeous flowers and seam binding ribbon are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The decorative pin is custom made to match the card. The sentiment is a digital freebie from Teddy Bo challenge blog.


Both Hipster images, one for the card and one for the bookmark, were colored with Copic markers.
Skin: E11, E00, E000 and R20. Hair: E59, E57, E33, E31 and E50. Yellows: Y17, Y15, Y11 and Y000. Pinks: R89, R85, R83 and R81. Blues: BG18, BG13, BG11 abn BG000. Reds: R39, R29, R27, R24 and R22.


❤❤❤


 ❤❤❤


I would like to enter:
Saturated Canary Challenge: Bookmarks
Wild Orchid Challenge: Bingo (Ribbon & Lace, Flowers, Pink)
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything goes

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Paola

20 comments:

  1. WOW, this is absolutely STUNNING. Love the colours you've chosen and all the gorgeous flowers and embellishments, hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! The colours are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, love the summerfresh colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh its totally awesome!! love the little rose on your bookmark
    Thank you so much for popping in and sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wow I do love visiting your blog the colours on her are just so bright and fun ! Your colouring is to die for anyway lol ! I love your tag and that tiny reel and pin is just so cute ! Love every inch ! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, this is fantastic! Both are so gorgeous, and I love how you made a place in the card for the bookmark, genius! Great colors, and coloring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous!! Love your colouring :) Thanks for playing with us at WOC this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I love this, so beautiful! I found you blogging and I'm so glad I did! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely card. Your work is beautiful and I am now a follower of your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so sweet on a beautiful background :)

    seo company surrey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, beautiful card, love the colours and the image

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful!! LOVE the card design, colors and the papers! Gorgeous coloring and gorgeous flowers. Love the tags too!! Simply gorgeous. Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. very very pretty card! love the colors and flowers and the tag in a card. cool!

    ~luanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! This is absolutely AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super card. I love the colours you've used and the SC image is gorgous - kanda x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really stunning, I love the beautiful image, your colouring is stunning and the sentiment is fantastic
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is stunning! Your colouring and layout are amazing. I'm your newest follower ;-) Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card :) Luv the colours !!
    Hugs Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is just gorgeous!! I love your colouring - everything! thanks for listing your copics.. I have only recenlty purchased my first set and it's great when people share :)

    ReplyDelete