Thursday, February 9, 2012

Queen of Hearts

Edited to add: My Queen of Hearts card made Top 3 at Saturated Canary and Wild Orchid Challenges

Happy Thursday my friends! Today, I would like to show my very first card using one of the gorgeous images from Saturated Canary. I must say I enjoyed so much coloring this cute little girl. "Queen of Hearts" was my first one but won't be the last one! In fact, I already have a couple of images waiting for me to play with. The sentiment if from Magnolia's Sweet Crazy Love collection.


































I found an old stack of Valentine's papers from K&Company that went perfect with my image. I inked all the edges and used a 6" heart shaped doily for the background. These fantastic flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. This time, I didn't have any red flowers but thanks to Bev's video (Altering and Colouring Mulberry Flowers) I was able to alter some pink roses and get these vibrant red color. 

  

My die-cut heart from Provo-crafts was finished with Ranger Crackle Accents. I also painted the decorative corner from Wild Orchid Crafts with Distress Crackle paint. ( I love how the crackle paint peels off to reveal some of the original gold color of the corner piece).


Ms. Queen of Hearts was colored with Copic markers and like I said before, I was lots of fun. 
Skin: E11, E00, E000 and R20. Hair: E37, E33, E31 and E50. Reds: R39, R29, R27 and R24. Pinks: R89, R85, R83 and R81. Grays: C5, C3 and C1. Shadows: W5, W3 and W1.



I would like to enter:
Saturated Canary Challenge: Red, Pink and White
iCopic: Hearts

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Paola

11 comments:

  1. You did a super job on this card. The image is just adorable and your coloring is perfection!
    Thank you for playing along with us at iCopic! Hope to see your back next week!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO LOVING this card Paola!! Seriously, it's stunning! Thanks for playing with us at iCopic!!!

    Hugs,
    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness!! oh my my my paola!! this is just stunning at its most awesome!! I think this is just so special hun, I can't put into words how beautiful this card is and your queen of hearts is coloured so stunningly.
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wat een mooie kaart prachtig gemaakt
    gr,ans xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Paola, I love everything about your creation, such a beautiful card! Your coloring is absolutely stunning! Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! What a gorgeous card! It is just stunning! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow just wow, so beautiful card.
    Love the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutley STUNNING!!! OMW what a totally gorgeous card. Thanks so much for joining us at WOC this time x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic card!!!! Wow! Your coloring is amazing!!!
    Thank you for entering the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI sweetie this is very pretty, thank you so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts this time, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete